Monday, October 6, 2008

Beginners Digital Photo Editing Workshop


I attended the beginners Beginners Digital Photo Editing workshop organised by SONY at SonyStyle KLCC yesterday. After a long and tiring journey through KTM and LRT, i discovered to my disappointment as soon as I got there that my laptop's cd drive was malfunctioning and i was unable to install the Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 which was supposed to be used during the course. (bad luck.. haiz)

Anyway, The Denise (the trainer) was kind enough to provide a desktop for me to use as she said hands on learning is supposed to be better. Thanks Denise! Course went on for four hours and during the last few minutes, Denise was kind enough to give us some additional info. Thanks again, Denise. Learnt quite a lot of things. There were only 8 of us including me and I was told that almost 20 of them had registered, but failed to turn up - typical Malaysian attitude, they register as they wish and just don't give a damn if they can't make it because they're not paying a single cent for the workshop. You should charge them atleast RM10 SONY! Only then will they realise.

Since I was there, i decided to purchase the polycarbonate cover for my Alpha's LCD which was RM50, kinda expensive if you ask me. Well, all in the name of protection. Haha.

On a side note, I'm lucky to be one of the ones who is actually going to attend the SONY ALPHA CONVENTION which is going to be held at 10-12 October at Le Meridien, Kuala Lumpur - this coming Friday till Sunday. Final Term exams starts on the 13th. OMG! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I guess I shouldn't waste it. LOL! There's a really long list of names for those who are in the waiting list.

Will blog more about the convention later.

No comments: